Orland Park, IL Dental Tips
Periodontal Disease, gingivitis, gum disease, periodontitis, etc. they all derive from the same thing: The inflammation and infection of the gums that can eventually – if not treated well – lead to tooth loss.
The major thing they all have in common is the amount of pain that an individual experiences throughout the process of this disease. Here are some home remedies in which are aimed at reducing the pain of Periodontal Disease:
- Rinse your mouth in salt water twice a day, salt water helps to draw infection from your gums and can help relieve inflammation.
- Apply a topical ointment for gum pain. These can be purchased at your local pharmacy.
- Take an over the counter anti-inflammatory medication
- Brush your teeth and gums with a soft bristle tooth brush twice a day.
- See your Orland Park, IL dentist as soon as possible!
For more information on proper periodontal care, periodontal therapy or to make an appointment, contact Dr. Richard Pape at 708-403-9848 or by visiting his online appointment request page here.
Dr. Pape also proudly serves Tinley Park, Frankfort, New Lenox, Palos Park, Lockport, Palos Heights, and all surrounding areas.