Orland Park, IL Dental Tips
Dental implants are designed to last as long as your natural teeth, however, the lack of good hygiene and oral health can lead to the loss of your dental implant.
For this reason, Dr. Pape encourages patients to practice the following care tips that will ensure the long-term success of dental implants:
- Just like real teeth, dental implants must be brushed and flossed to prevent bacteria and plaque buildup.
- Although dental implants are artificial, they are susceptible to gum disease and periodontal disease which can lead to the loss of an implant. Gum disease and periodontal disease can be easily prevented with good oral hygiene and frequent oral checkups.
- Consult with Dr. Pape if are experiencing extreme biting forces or nighttime clenching, as these can lead to the loss of your dental implant.
- A balanced and healthy diet is essential in maintaining the longevity of not only your real teeth, but you dental implant as well.
- Drug use and smoking will drastically increase the likelihood of losing your dental implant and other dental problems such as periodontal disease.
For more information about how to care for your dental implants call Dr. Pape in Orland Park, IL at 708-403-9848 or visit his appointment request page to make an appointment online.
Dr. Pape also proudly serves Orland Park, Tinley Park, Frankfort, New Lenox, Palos Park, Lockport, Palos Heights, and surrounding areas.